Thursday, November 20, 2014

Australian Aboriginal Art

wiki definition:
 australian aboriginal art is art made by the indigenous peoples of australia
 and in collaborations between
indigenous australians and others.


create a journey or a story with symbols
that are relevant to your life.

                                 


in our sketchbook. we created icons or symbols 
of things we do everyday.

our goal: make a daily journey with those symbols. 

my artwork consists of the following:
my home
music
sunshine/sunsets
food
the library
netflix
money
reading
homework
driving
and my bed.
but in the middle of everything,
is my loving family.

through this project i learned that:

there are other ways to explain what you do everyday.
pictures can mean more than words
and they are sometimes more interesting.

why i did what i did:

my family has always been the center of my life.
an hour doesn't go past that i don't think of them.
it only makes sense to make them
the center of my journey.

this is a great way for:

~a teacher to learn more about their students and what's most important to them.~
~expressing every-day life~
~learning how to create and interpret symbols~
~learn about austrailian aboriginal artwork~

tutorial for this project:

http://iwanttoteachartinelementary.blogspot.com/2014/11/aboriginal-art-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment